Monday 20 January 2014

PPP3 : Gold again

Gold Again:

Greta is running a Kickstarter campaign called 'Gold Again' where she wants to create a golden room in a disused building and create a pop up creative space/ event. She approached me and asked if I would like to design a promotional poster for the event. I have decided to include this brief on my PPP3 as it is a live brief.

The theme of the brief is gold so my task was to make a poster that represents this. Straight away I began by thinking of things that are associated with gold :

- Nuggets
- Teeth
- Jewlery
- Golden oldies
- Money
- Bars

I decided to take the theme of golden oldies and combine it with golden teeth as many golden oldies have  golden teeth. The two of them combined will make quite a humorous and striking image.

 

Above is the illustration I have done for the gold again poster I am happy with how it has come out and when it is screen printed in gold it will be striking with the teeth and earings being solid gold and the rest of the woman being gold lines. Greta has forwarded information that she needs including on the poster such as the logo, tagline and information which I will now develop into a poster with the old woman.

 


I trailed a few designs using the the information inverted into white text against the background but I think once the poster is screen printed this effect will be too harsh and make the information hard to read so I have decided on the simpler design, which can be seen below.


I am happy with how the poster has come out it include all the information that greta set and represents gold well. It will now be screen printed using gold ink which I will help greta do.

Finished Poster:

This is the finished poster screen printed in gold. I did not realise Greta was printing on black stock, so the effect of the poster is not how I imagined but it is definitely very striking, if not a bit scary!


I trailed the old woman on news print to see how she would look and I think she looks better but the gold on black is a lot more striking so it does work well.


No comments:

Post a Comment