Friday 28 March 2014

PPP3 : Dialogue

Dialogue:

Yoke have set up an exhibition under the the title of 'Dialogue'. They want people to blind collaborate by submitting a poster to the theme of 'dialogue' which will be paired up with another design from another person and then screen printed. 

I have decided to submit this brief as a live brief for PPP3. To start the brief I began by looking at things that cause a conversation and dialogue:

- Cups of tea
- Beer
- The news
- Weather
- Food
- Work

Out of this list the two that I feel would work well as a concept art, A cup of tea or the weather


Tea:

If I was to go with this concept I would most likely draw two old women nattering over a cup of tea as I think visually this would be a good look, and it is what a lot of grannies do. 

Another option could be to draw a tea set, or to draw a tea bag.

There would also be the photographic option of photographing used tea bags. This concept would involve inviting a friend around and seeing how many tea bags get used in that one sitting of having a friend over this could then be documented by photographing the tea bags.


Weather:

The weather is an interesting one as it is probably what people talk about the most. There are many types of weather that cause people to talk, and it is usually the extreme weathers. I think the one weather that gets people moaning the most is rain. Most people do not like rain, you rarely hear someone cheer with happiness when the heavens open but it does get people talking, and although people don't like the rain it is a very necessary part of life, without it there would be no living. 


Decided Concept:

I have decided to use the weather concept as I feel this will translate better and is something that most people have a dialogue about when it does rain.

I have taken some photographs throughout this course where I used an underwater camera in a puddle to capture the rain from a different perspective. I feel these photographs capture the beauty of rain and through that beauty it represents what rain does for the world and human kind. 






To represent people hatred for rain i have taken on the persona of rain asking the question.. "why do so many people hate me?" which is what I think rain would ask since mr rain does nothing but good for the world (unless there is flooding).



Development:

To add a more rain/puddle like feel to the poster / text I have overlaid the writing causing a visual distortion that occurs when light travels though water. I think this effect makes the poster look more visually exciting and captures the essence of rain more.


The poster is going to be screen printed so to prepare it for print everything must be grey scaled and the image must be half tone. As my input for the poster will be just one colour the poster itself will be quite abstract but the texture of rain will hopefully be captured.





The Exhibition:

This is my poster at the exhibition. It has a very abstract feel to it which I like and I also think the persons work that I was paired up with suits the style well as it is very fluid like water and rain. This was a fun project to work on as a quick brief and any opertunitiy to get involved in a live exhibition is always great and beneficial. The exhibition was a great success and it was a pleasure to be a part of it.



No comments:

Post a Comment