Sunday 9 March 2014

PPP3: DITTO

DITTO press:

Ditto came to give us a talk and set a live brief.  The talk was really interesting to discover how Ditto was set up and the process the business developed. Ditto Press is a well established riso printing company that has been built up through love of print and all things lo fi. I am really interested in lo -fi graphic design and riso is a process that I really appreciate although I have not used due to funds.  The talk was very inspirational as once again it was a story of how a business / studio has been built up from nothing. Most of the  professional talkers that have come in have been independent studios or built up from there and it has been really interesting and motivational and I truly think that if me mike and Lizzi put in enough effort we will be able to have  pop at succeeding too.

The work that Ditto press is very considered and is the labor of love their riso books are beautifully printed and have had a lot of hard work put into them. I am a big fan of publishing design and this sort of company is very aspirational.

The brief set by ditto is to collate and showcase something that you research / collect but have never done anything with. As I really enjoy creating book I will participate in this brief.





No comments:

Post a Comment