Wednesday 16 May 2012

EVALUATION 406


What skills have you developed through this module and how effectively do you
think you have applied them?
I have learnt a vast range of skills through this module, starting with the Erik Kessell live brief.
This was a good introduction on how to work to a live brief with a live audience and client as such. I also experimented with different ways of addressing this brief such as making water reactant paper, which
was a good chance to playand experiment.
The virus is a communication brief really helped me develop my collaborative skills.
I feel we all callaborated really well. Working as a team rather then individuals. It was also again a
really good opportunity to work on something that is actually out there and a good introduction on how to communicate with the public and getpeople interested.
My software skills have been greatly improved in this module as I have used a range of photosho,
Indesgin and illustrator throughout this module as there has been such a range of formats and products
 produced withinthis module. I have also learnt a new skill of japanese book binding which has been
interesting and is a really beautiful technique. I also had the opportunity to develop my screen printing
 skills as I printed during this module.Another important skill that I feel has developed in this module is
presenting. In this module we have done a variety of different presentations of work which has been
really useful and begun to do it in a more professional manner with boards to back up our ideas.                                                                                                                                     



What approaches to/methods of design production have you developed and how have they informed your 
design development process?

I have developed my book binding skills, I now know another method of book binding that
 will be really and benifitial for future projects. I have also developed on the production of
the end piece of my work,since normally i feel the end product of my work
 could do with better execution and production, but throughout this module I have been
really happy with my final outcomes especially the outcome for its your choice and virus
is a communication, both projects I feel has a really nice production and end product value.


What strengths can you identify in your work and how have/will you capitalise on these?

In this module I have experimented and played a lot in the the projects to try and come up with a variety
 of interesting and different outcomes. This is something Ive found really beneficial in this
 module so I will continue this style of working by just playing and pushing things to get innovative
outcomes.

Another strength has been collaboration, this is something I have never had a really amazing
 time with where everyone is happy and works together , but this time it was different and
we all pulled together and worked as a team which was really good and gave us a functioning
 outcome. I also collaborated in this module with 3rd year fashion student Scarlett Stewart which
 was a really good opportunity to have a small feel of what it feels like to work for someone else
 and for it not to be just about my work it was about showing her work off too.


What weaknesses can you identify in your work and how will you address these in the future?

I need to make sure that I seek peers opinions on my work when I revisit a brief, as for my rain
poster I decided to revisit it and thought it was sorted but when my peers looked at it they
 noticed things that I had previously, this pointed out to the me the importance of getting
 feedback on our own and not just relying on crits. So for the future I will use my peers
and seek more opinions on my work.

Identify five things that you will do differently next time and what do you expect to gain from doing these?

1. Concept delivery, in the final crit one of the things that was mentioned about my work is
 that I don't deliver my concept on my blog or design boards in a very clear way, if I alter
 this it will make delivering my concept a lot easier.
2. make sure that everything on my blog is clear such as images,
I need to start taking more care on how I perceive my work.
3. seek people opinions on my work so that I don't fall blind to it
4. Create more design sheets to generate more ideas so that I know that the
 idea I am going for is definitely my best
5. make sure that the production of every brief is to a very high standard.

Attendance - 5
Punctuality - 5
Motivation - 4
Commitment - 4
Quantity of work produced - 3
Quality of work produced - 3
Contribution to the group - 4

No comments:

Post a Comment