Wednesday 15 May 2013

OUGD501 - EVALUATION

Evaluation

Throughout this module I feel there are a number of skills I have developed. I now feel more comfortable analysing work in an academic way, I know what language is appropriate to use in analysis and how to apply it to academic writings. I am more aware of  themes within Context of Practice, I feel I have learnt a lot about many theories, such as Panoptacism and The male gaze and through our seminars I have learnt about how each theory relates to graphic design. I think I have developed my skills in creating a conceptually strong piece of work, that takes theory into practice. This was a hard challenge to do, but I feel I have achieved it. 


For this Publication I have tried to create it to a high standard, making sure my craftmanship and finish was as close to perfect as can be. I wanted my final outcome to look professional so concentrated on how to go about making sure the craft didn't let me down, as I am normally quite careless. I think I have managed to create a neat piece of work that conveys a good level of craftmanship. I have developed my photoshop skill through this project as I had to use it alot to morph the face of Beyonce onto other peoples body's. I now feel comfortable doing this, if I ever need to do such a thing again. 


I feel I have created a publication that delivers the messege to my audience that I set out to give, and in a way that is not too theory heavy. My final product is fun and entertaining, but informative, which is what I wanted to achieve. A strength that I did not expect me to have in this project is the craft of the finish, as I said before I am normally not very good and making a neat finished end product, but now I know I can achieve a high level of finish I will apply this to other projects.
What weaknesses can you identify in your work and how will you address these in the future?

I need to understand and feel more comfortable with academic writing as this is something that I struggle with. Next year is the year of the large writing task, so I need to develop and improve these writings skills quickly, and will do so by attending academic writing classes run by college. I have struggled in this module with organising the research I have conducted on the blog, I need to find a way of structuring the results and analysis of research and ways of evidencing it on the blog, as reasearch will play a very key area of the COP next year.
5 things I'd do differently

1. develop my academic writing skill so that I will be ready to write the dissertation next year
2. Inform myself more of theorists out there so I can gain a greater understanding of them.
3. Inform myself of areas of Design context that I am interested in so that I can further my knowledge
4. Document research as I go so that I can feel the full benifits of the research and be more organised with it which will help next year as research will be so important
5. Improve reading skill / ask for help more when I dont understand the academic writings.


Attendance - 5
Punctuality - 5
Motivation - 4
Commitment - 3
Quantity of work produced - 4
Quality of work produced - 3
Contribution to the group - 4



No comments:

Post a Comment