Friday 31 May 2013

PPP2 : OUGD502 EVALUATION


What skills have you developed through this module and how effectively do you think you have applied them?
Throughout this module I feel like I have developed many skills such as how to effectively evaluate other design practices looking more at the business side of things. I have also developed skills of networking, I feel more comfortable approaching people and talking about design. I feel like I am almost ready to dive in and go for placements which is a massive step up from the beginning of this module. I feel I have a better grasp on the industry and a better grasp on the business side of the industry. This happened throughout Lifes a pitch, where we invented our own studio and how to propose it. I also feel like I have developed my presenting skills throughout this module as we have had to talk about quite complex things to do with business, something I am not familiar with where as normally in presentations we talky about design something we know about. So this was a challenge, but a good challenge that I have benefited from.

What approaches to/ methods of idea generation have you developed and how have they informed your design development process? 
I think this year the penny has dropped about how important concepts are, it has been drilled into us, for the the better, during second year and I think it has made my work have more meaning and more purpose.  The fact that we are all coming to terms with that we are all each others competition has really made things heat up towards the end of the year, everyone is trying so hard which is a really positive thing, and everyone is pushing themselves really hard, this has abbled me to come up with more creative ideas because I think deep down in my sheepish hear, I do want to stand out and have my work noticed. So I am definitely going to continue with the idea generation method of the 'concept' and also make it as creative as possible.

What strengths can you identify in your work and how have/ will you capitalise on theses? 
I feel that my researching skills have come along this year and that I have enjoyed pop allot more. I am happy with the knowledge I have larnt and the branding that I have done for myself. I am going to continue with developing my research skills as It really helps inform the practice, and  ands meaning to work. I need to start using pop blog to upload things that I have seen as it PPP blog is just pop its so clear and simple compared to the other blogs where there are 5 projectors going on, so its been a really good blog for reflection, which I will take into 3rd year

What weakness can you identify in your work and how will you address these in the future?
My weakness in this module has been that I havnt used this module /blog  to its full benefits. I should have started visiting studios ages ago and setting up all of the networking bits, but I let the other modules get ontop of me and neglected PPP, which is a shame because I really do think this is such a beneficial and important module. I also really need to start bloggin more and doing the tasks when they are set, as they are useful for reflection and development for me  as a future practicing designer. 

Identify five things that you will do differently next time and what do you expect to gain from doing these? 
- Manage time better, and make time for ppp even if it doesn't seem possible
- Visit more studios, so then I'll get more placement opertunitys
- Be more brave with networkings, approach people, this would give me more opertunitys and contacts.
- Document things that I see and find that influence me as they happen, this way the pop blog would turn into more of a reflective journal.
- Work on analytical tools so that I can reflect on practices and designers better, and gain more from them.


How would you grade yourself on the following areas.

5= Excellent 4= Very Good 3= Good 2= Average 1= Poor
Attendance: 4
Punctuality: 5
Motivation: 3
Commitment: 4
Quantity of work produced: 4
Quality of work produced: 3

No comments:

Post a Comment